What To Pack
Consider coordinating with your roommate(s) to prevent duplication of large or shared items.
- Address book, stamps, stationery
- Alarm clock
- Baskets for toiletries and storage
- Bed Linen: sheets (extra-long twin size), mattress pad (extra-long twin size),bedspread/blanket, and pillow
- Bed risers
- Cleaning supplies (cleaner, paper towels)
- Clothing (bathrobe)
- Computer, printer, and cables
- Desk items (lamp, pens/pencils/highlighters, paper, calendar, calculator, tape, scissors, stapler, paperclips)
- Fan (portable)
- Financial items (checking/savings account, credit/debit card, health insurance card, Social Security card, driver's license or photo ID)
- First-Aid kit (band aids, cotton balls, cotton swabs, cold/cough medicine, aspirin)
- Food items (can opener, bottled beverages, coffee maker with automatic shutoff, one set of silverware/plates/bowls/glasses, condiments, snacks, dish detergent/towel)
- Games (cards, board games)
- Laundry basket/bag, detergent, iron
- Padlocks (desk, laptop, and bike)
- Room decorations*
- Sewing kit/safety pins
- Snow shovel to store in your car
- Toiletry items
* Posters and photos must be hung with plastic tack.
Returning students living in Behrend Apartments are permitted to and should bring kitchen items such as pots, pans, dishes, silverware, etc. These apartments offer standard kitchen appliances, but housewares are not provided.