Pre-Semester Housing 2018
University housing does not officially open for fall semester until Friday August 17. A student may move in early, beginning Wednesday August 15, with no pre-registration required (unless the student is being sponsored by a department), for a nominal fee.
For a student who is participating in a Special Program or attending International Students Orientation, Pre-Semester Housing is available beginning Wednesday August 1. University Housing is NOT able to accommodate students who are living off campus and unable to move into their apartment until the weekend. Pre-Semester Housing is provided only to students participating in a University-sponsored event!
|Wednesday August 1 - Sunday August 12||$25/night||If you are participating in a Special Program or International Students Orientation, register online for Pre-Semester Housing|
|Monday August 13 - Wednesday August 15||$25/night|
|Thursday August 16 - forward||no charge||check-in for fall housing|
Any student who needs to arrive to University Park prior to Monday August 13 must have received approval through a sponsoring department to be eligible to live on campus in pre-semester housing. Any student who is arriving prior to August 13 needs to register online for pre-semester housing and pay a nightly room rate. If a student checks-out of pre-semester housing prior to the 13th, no refund will be provided.
All students in pre-semester housing are required to move out on Monday August 13, as all beds must be available for our on-campus students.
- Availability: Wednesday August 1 - Monday August 13. On Monday August 13, students move to fall room assignment for early arrival
- Location: East Housing Area
- Accommodation: double room, traditional residence hall. Linens/blankets/pillow/towels are NOT provided.
- Cost: $25.00/night for the length of stay in pre-semester housing; plus $75 charge for early arrival for nights of 13th - 17th. View Rate Chart. Charge is for room only; the Campus Meal Plan is not included. If you are a part of a sponsoring department, you may receive a Promo Code that you will use when you finalize your registration in the Iris system. The Promo Code will adjust the amount due, based on the agreement established with the sponsoring department.
- Register Online: https://psu.irisregistration.com/Form/2018PSHOUSING - You will need to create an Iris account! Registration will close Friday 8/10 at noon.
- Food Services: Pollock Dining Commons is available for breakfast, lunch, and dinner Monday - Friday; brunch and dinner Saturday -Sunday. Students will be able to use the fall Campus Meal Plan account beginning Saturday August 11.
NOTE: the registration system closes at Noon Friday August 10.
- Register online by creating account and submitting payment.
- Arrive to University Park; you will want to go Findlay Commons Desk in East Housing Area to check-in. The desk is open 24hrs/day.
- Check-in to pre-semester housing.
- On Monday August 13, you will need to check-out of pre-semester housing as early as possible by removing all personal items from the room and returning the room key to the Findlay Commons Desk. You will then be able to pick-up your room key for your fall residence before leaving East Housing Area. You will not have to pick up your fall room key at another commons desk.
- Move items to your fall room assignment. Global Programs will provide assistant with shuttles. View map for shuttle pick-up location: Housing Area Map
- Once you have moved into your fall assignment, you are ready to #LiveTheTradition at Penn State!
If you are participating in a Special Program or Housing and Food Services employment, your coordinator will provide you a Promo Code that you will use when you finalize your registration in the Iris system. The Promo Code will adjust the amount due, based on the agreement established with the sponsoring department.