Students participating in a Special Program or arriving for International Students Orientation may register for Pre-Semester Housing. University housing does not officially open until Thursday August 17. Early Arrival is available on Wednesday August 16 and will cost $20.00 (payable at the time of check-in). Any student arriving prior to August 16 must have received approval through a sponsoring department. Students arriving prior to August 14 will be required to register for pre-semester housing and pay a nightly room rate. If a student checks-out of pre-semester housing prior to the 14th, no refund will be provided.
University Housing is not able to accommodate students who are living off campus and unable to move into their apartment until the weekend. All students in pre-semester housing are required to move out on Monday August 14, as all beds must be available for our on-campus students.
- Availability: Tuesday August 1 - Monday August 14. On Monday August 14, students move to fall room assignment for early arrival
- Location: East Housing Area
- Accommodation: double room, traditional residence hall. Linens/blankets/pillow/towels are NOT provided.
- Cost: $20.00/night for the length of stay in pre-semester housing; plus $60 charge for early arrival for nights of 14th - 16th
- Registration: https://psu.irisregistration.com/Form/housing - You will need to create an Iris account! Registration will close Friday 8/11 at noon.
- Food Services: Pollock Dining Commons is available for breakfast, lunch, and dinner Monday - Friday; brunch and dinner Saturday -Sunday. Students will be able to use their fall Campus Meal Plan account beginning Saturday August 12.
NOTE: the registration system closed at Noon Friday August 11. Current space available is FULL.
- Register online by creating account and submitting payment.
- Arrive to University Park; you will want to go Findlay Commons Desk in East Housing Area to check-in. The desk is open 24hrs/day.
- Check-in to pre-semester housing.
- On Monday August 14, you will need to check-out of pre-semester housing as early as possible by removing all personal items from the room and returning the room key to the Findlay Commons Desk. You will then be able to pick-up your room key for your fall residence before leaving East Housing Area. You will not have to pick up your fall room key at another commons desk.
- Move items to your fall room assignment. Global Programs will provide assistant with shuttles. View map for shuttle pick-up location: Housing Area Map
- Once you have moved into your fall assignment, you are ready to #LiveTheTradition at Penn State!
If you are participating in a Special Program or Housing and Food Services employment, your coordinator will provide you a Promo Code that you will use when you finalize your registration in the Iris system. The Promo Code will adjust the amount due, based on the agreement established with the sponsoring department.