We are excited to welcome students to Penn State Mont Alto.
Beginning Tuesday, July 19 at noon, students can log on to eLiving to view their room and roommate information and select a move-in time. Watch your email for reminders and instructions.
Friday, August 19
Incoming First-Year Student Arrival
8:00 a.m. - Noon
Sunday, August 21
Upper-Class Student Arrival
8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
When arriving to campus, all students should follow the signs toward Mont Alto Hall. Any student arriving outside of posted arrival days and times should contact Housing and Food Services to receive check-in instructions.
Before arriving to campus:
Beginning 24 hours before their scheduled arrival time, students can log on to eLiving and complete pre-arrival check-in. This step will initiate card access to the building and help speed up the process at arrival.
What to bring to check-in:
- Photo ID (First-Year Students will receive their id+ Card when they check-in)
- Yourself (you may not send a friend or family member to check-in for you)
- Members of your family may unload your vehicle while you check in.
- Please move your vehicle to a designated parking lot as soon as it is unloaded.
Your To Do List
What To Pack
Learn what to bring and what to leave behind.
Pack light when you come for Arrival! Don't bring all your belongings on your first trip to campus. Use our What to Pack list as your guide. You may want to wait to see how much storage space you have and then plan on bringing additional items at another time.
Roommate and Room Assignment
Get to know your roommate.
Once room assignments are available, log on to eLiving to see where you are living. Contact your new roommate and try to talk several times before move-in day. Share academic plans, common interests, and what each of you will contribute to your room’s set-up.
Penn State id+ Card
Load it with LionCash+.
Remember to bring your Penn State id+Card with you for check-in. Add LionCash+ funds before you leave home.
Upload your records.
All incoming students must submit immunization records prior to arrival on campus. Visit University Health Services to upload your records.
Setup Your Devices
University housing offers access to the Penn State Network. Visit Getting Connected to learn how you can get your devices registered before arrival.
What to Pack
- Alarm Clock
- Baskets for toiletries and storage
- Bed risers
- Bedding (Twin XL)
- Cleaning supplies and paper towels
- Laptop, printer, and cables
- Desk lamp, desk supplies
- DVD player and cables
- Face masks, hand sanitizer
- Fan (portable), box fan for window
- Financial items (checking/savings account, credit/debit card, health insurance card, Social Security card, driver's license, etc.)
- First-Aid kit (band-aids, cotton balls, cotton swabs, cold/cough medicine, pain relievers)
- Food items (can opener, coffee maker with automatic shutoff, one set of dishes and flatware, snacks, dish detergent/towel)
- Games (cards, board games)
- Game consoles and cables
- Laundry bag/basket and detergent
- Padlocks for desk, laptop, and bike
- Reusable water bottle/coffee mug, reusable shopping bag(s)
- Room decorations^
- Sewing kit/safety pins
- Snow shovel to store in your car
- Smart TV or TV plus streaming device
- Toiletry items
- Umbrella, rain boots
What to Leave Behind
Please refer to your HFS Contract Terms, Conditions, and Regulations for more detailed information.
- Air Conditioning units, including portable units and "swamp coolers"
- Candles and incense
- Ceiling fans
- Halogen lamps
- Pets (small fish tanks are allowed)
- Vacuum cleaners (available for use from RA)
- Window Treatments (blinds, draperies)
- Wireless Routers
What's In Your Room
University housing offers the basic amenities you need to be comfortable and organized in your new home! Then comes the fun part: making it your own.
- Bunkable bed with mattress (extra long twin 80" x 36")
- Chest of drawers
- Built-in closet
- Desk with lamp and chair
- Electric heat
- Smoke detector/sprinkler**
- Waste basket**
- WiFi, roomgear network for smart devices
- Window screens
- Community kitchen
- Laundry facility
- Study lounges
- Vending machines
- Game room
- Central lobby area with a big-screen TV
^Posters and photos must be hung with plastic tack.
+ Alcohol is prohibited on campus, regardless of the resident's age
* Smoking is prohibited on campus, including in Mont Alto Hall and The Mill Cafe.
** One per bedroom
Beyond the checking in and moving into your home away from home, you’ll find plenty of on-campus activities as well as areas to explore or grab a tasty bite.
Refer to the following links for What to Do, Where to Eat and Where to Stay as you prepare for Arrival.
Where To Stay
Need to make hotel accommodations? There are local hotels available, some only a few miles from campus.
It's no secret that the transition from living at home to living on campus is fairly monumental.
The following resources are provided to kick start your on-campus experience with the right information.
Academic advising is a key to your success at Penn State. Visit Academic Advising for more details regarding advising as well as information about the advising portal, StarFish and the student information system, LionPATH.
Learn about your room, living on campus, contract details, medical accommodations, room and board rates, and more by visiting liveon.psu.edu/mont-alto.
Job opportunities provide more than a paycheck, they provide vital networking and professional experience that will enrich your time on campus. Take the time to discover some of the exciting places to work on campus.
Residence Life provides students with a safe, comfortable, secure and nurturing living-learning environment that is conducive to students' academic pursuits and personal growth while fostering a sense of community, civic responsibility and an appreciation of diversity.
Vibrant is one way to describe student life at Penn State. Discover clubs, organizations, support towards your academic goals, and more about Student Life.
Housing and Food Services
The Mill Cafe
106 Campus Drive
Mont Alto, PA 17237-9703
207 Conklin Hall
1 Campus Drive
Mont Alto, PA 17237-9703