Parking and Unloading
Arrival Day Information
To ensure that the check-in process is smooth and efficient for students and families, the following guidelines should be adhered to:
- Enter the campus from the Harper Road entrance from Broadcasting Road. Proceed on Harper Road to the checkpoint, adjacent to the residence area. You will be directed to the appropriate check-in location at that point, which is based upon your room assignment (be sure to have that information handy when you come to the checkpoint).
- With approximately 400 students arriving to check-in, there will be an inevitable wait for a parking place in a designated unloading area. Only one vehicle per student will be permitted to park in the unloading area at any given time. Each vehicle is given 15 minutes to unload the vehicle. Additional vehicles will be instructed to park where directed, and then can be moved into the unloading area after the first vehicle has exited.
- Due to parking space limitations, please refrain from bringing more than two vehicles to campus during check-in. Trailers, motor homes, and vehicles of similar nature will not be permitted to enter the designated unloading area due to space constraints.
- There will be volunteers on hand at the unloading area to help unload your vehicle and move items into the residence hall room. A limited number of carts will be available for transporting items. However, to expedite your move, we encourage you to bring your own cart or dolly.
- Once you have removed your belongings from your vehicle, please move your vehicle immediately to one of the long-term parking lots. This will allow others to unload more quickly. Staff will be available to direct you to a parking lot.
We appreciate your cooperation with the parking/unloading process.
Students are required to register for a parking permit in order to park on campus. There is no fee to park on campus. Parking permits are available through Police Services; 610-396-6111.