Fall Arrival 2017
All students are invited to move-in on these days:
- Thursday August 17 (no early arrival fee!!)
- Friday August 18
- Saturday August 19
- Sunday August 20
Peak arrival times are between 10:00am - 3:00pm on Friday and Saturday, so we suggest arriving outside of that timeframe. There is also significantly less traffic on campus after 6:00pm. We recommend arriving on Thursday as well, since there is limited traffic and no arrival fee.
- Parking is very limited around the housing areas.
- Construction work in East and North housing areas is impacting parking availability.
- A student may check-in after these dates if needed due to a schedule conflict or travel arrangements - there is no requirement to contact us if you are arriving late.
HOW DO I CHECK-IN?
- No sign-up/registration is necessary - simply arrive on campus when it's convenient for you!
NOTE: there are timeframes where check-in is NOT available due to check-in packets being transferred between locations (see below).
- Commons Desks are open 24hrs/day starting August 14, with the exception of Weston Community Center
- During the specific times on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, the check-in location will be at Gate B, Bryce Jordan Center, instead of the Commons Desk.
- Early Arrival: Students may arrive early beginning at 8:00 a.m. on Wednesday. The cost to arrive on Wednesday is $20.00, which can be paid at the time of check-in. The early arrival fee for arriving on Thursday will be waived this year to encourage students to arrive outside of peak arrival times.
- If you are arriving outside of the arrival times listed below for the Bryce Jordan Center, you will check-in at your Housing area Commons Desk.
- Proceed to the appropriate check-in location based on your arrival time. Check-in will be either at the Bryce Jordan Center or the Housing area Commons Desk.
- Only the student may enter the check-in line and pick up the room key. The student will need to present their Penn State id+ Card (or another form of ID) to receive the room key. Family members are not able to check-in for students.
- If you check-in at the Bryce Jordan Center, you will receive additional parking instructions and a Routing Pass.
- Unload vehicle within 20 minutes (you can do it!). Housing provides a limited number of move-in carts in each housing area.
- Move vehicle to a long-term parking location.
- Unpack and get settled in your room!
- Say goodbye...we ask that parents and family members say goodbye prior to 2:00 pm on Saturday. Activities are planned for your student to attend Saturday afternoon/evening, so they need to be ready to meet their RA and other floor residents, enjoy dinner together, and attend convocation. It's an exciting time for them to transition to on-campus living at Penn State!
- Welcome to Penn State!
ALL STUDENTS WILL CHECK-IN AT GATE B, BRYCE JORDAN CENTER DURING THE ADVERTISED TIMES. All other times, check-in will be at the Housing area Commons Desk. PLEASE NOTE the timeframes when check-in is NOT available.
NITTANY HALL RESIDENTS: Nittany Hall is NOT available for students to check-in until after 6:00pm on Friday August 18.
|Arrival Date||Check-in location|
Wednesday August 16
Thursday August 17
Friday August 18
Saturday August 19
Sunday August 20
Bryce Jordan Center Check-In Location is Gate B. Ample parking is available in the Commuter Lot 44/Jordan East.
Enter through Gate B (entrance closest to Beaver Stadium) to the Concourse
Do not go directly to your Housing Area during the timeframes indicated above - you must go to the Bryce Jordan Center FIRST. If you do not check-in at the Bryce Jordan Center first, you will not be permitted to park in the Housing area without the proper parking permit.
Due to limited parking availability, please follow these guidelines during the advertised arrival times that check-in is located at the Bryce Jordan Center. We appreciate your cooperation, so that others have the opportunity to park and unload.
- When you check-in at the Bryce Jordan Center, you will receive a Routing Pass. This pass will help staff direct you through traffic to an available lot. When you enter the lot, staff will exchange the Routing Pass for an Unloading Permit.
- You will have 20 minutes to unload your vehicle, then move your vehicle to a Long-Term Parking Lot. Your long-term parking permit will be printed on the back of your Unloading Permit. The Long-Term Parking Permit will expire at midnight Sunday August 20.
- Only ONE vehicle per student will be permitted in the unloading zones around the residence halls. All other vehicles must park in the Long-Term Parking Lot.
- U-Hauls and/or trailers are NOT permitted in the housing parking areas.
- Only ONE visit is permitted to the unloading zone. If you will be shopping, you will need to park in the Long-Term Parking Lot upon returning to campus and utilize the CATAbus service. We are unable to permit return traffic to the unloading zones during the peak hours.
Classes begin on Monday, August 21.
Note: To ease congestion of the move-in period and to provide the opportunity for roommates and floormates to get to know one another, family and friends will not be permitted to spend the night in University housing until Monday, August 21, 2017.
EVENTS AND ACTIVITIES
There will be lots of events and activities to help you get acclimated to University Park and meet new friends! Joining in the fun will allow you to become quickly engaged in all that the University has to offer, so take advantage. To learn about events and activities, there are several ways to find out what’s happening: